The Benevolence Ministry of Willow Grove Baptist Church is committed to being good stewards of God’s money and his people. This form helps us better understand your situation and better assess our resources for any possible assistance. Completing this application does not guarantee that assistance will be provided. Our decisions are made in accordance with the mandates of Scripture and the leading of the Holy Spirit. We are concerned about your spiritual needs as well as your physical needs.
ALL QUESTIONS ON THE APPLICATION FORM MUST BE COMPLETED.
- The primary objective of the benevolence ministry is to assist Foster/Adoptive Parents and those in emergency need of assistance.
- No benevolence is ever administered to relieve the consequence of sin.
- All benevolence is given to assist the recipient to help himself/herself work through the problem, not to bail them out of the situation with no effort on their part.
- All benevolence checks will be made payable to the debtor in cases of bills (i.e. landlord, electric co.) and only in rare circumstances to the recipient of the financial aid. We do not give cash.
- Requests for benevolence require review by the benevolence team, which NORMALLY TAKES UP TO FOURTEEN (14) DAYS. WE WILL CONTACT THE APPLICANT WHEN THE TEAM HAS REACHED A DECISION.
- Willow Grove Baptist will assist people in need only in obedience to the Lord’s will and cannot be dictated by the urgency of circumstances.
- Every case is CONFIDENTIAL. Violating confidentiality may result in disqualification of any request submitted, either currently being considered or in the future.
- Proof of identification is required.
- Current copies of bills must accompany request in order to be able to pay the debter.
- ALL QUESTIONS on the application form MUST BE COMPLETED, or the form will be returned to applicant for completion before we will process the request.